MedSIS Functionality Update:
MedSIS functionality update:
As you may be aware, we have been working diligently with our developers to implement functionality that accurately tracks progress for programs that consider entrustment ratings of less than 5 as “achieved”.
I am happy to report that this functionality is coming soon, with a projected “go live” date of July 1, 2023.
What does this mean for you?
- For programs that only consider 5s as “achieved”:
- Nothing! The system will continue tracking progress as usual.
- For programs that consider 4s as “achieved”
- We will turn on a feature in our user settings that will implement the following:
- If a trainee receives a 4/5 on any future CBME forms, the progress bar will take this into consideration and progress accordingly.
- This change will also be applied to all CBME forms completed to date. Progress calculations will update accordingly once new feature is implemented.
- EPAs with a status of “in progress” that recalculate to 100% due to the new functionality will consequently change to “ready to review” status.
- However, For stages and EPAs that already have a status of “achieved” or “approved”, regardless of what the progress calculation is, will stay the same; no prior committee decisions to mark an EPA “achieved” or “approved” will be impacted.
- For example, if an EPA status is already marked as “achieved” by the Competence Committee with 80% progress, the progress bar will change to 100% with this update. However, the status will not revert to “ready to review” as it was already reviewed previously.
Next steps for programs:
- As mentioned above, no action required for programs that only consider 5s as “achieved”.
- For programs interested in utilizing this feature, there are (2) options:
- Implement the feature program wide across all stages.
- Customize the change by stage or EPA.
- Ie: Stage 1 – considers 4s as “achieved”, while stages 2-4 only consider 5s as “achieved”.
- Ie: Stage 2 EPA 1 considers 4s as “achieved”, while Stage 2 EPA 2 only considers 5s as “achieved”.
If you would like to utilize this feature:
- At your earliest convenience, I ask that you reach out to me directly via email; firstname.lastname@example.org advising me of this.
- Should you wish to customize by stage or EPA, I would recommend that we set up a brief meeting.
If I do not hear from you before our live launch on July 1st, I will assume that your program wishes to keep your progress functionality as is.
As always, please let me know if you have any questions.