NOW AVAILABLE: Competence by Design (CBD) Technical Guides
Here they are!
In previous communications, it was relayed the Royal College would be releasing a series of CBD Technical Guides intended to provide more clarity between policy and best practice in key areas of CBD implementation. These guides are chock full of information and resources and speak to many of the topics and questions tabled across our CBME community.
- EPA observation forms: please note the expectations regarding contextual variables, fortunately have the advantage of a proprietary system and have already added discipline-specific contextual variables to both EPA observations forms, 1 and 2.
- Applying standards when a program has both time-based and CBD trainees
- Competence Committees
The others to follow include:
- Curriculum Mapping
- Policy interpretation – Credentialing
- Competence Committee – Structure
- Policy interpretation – Versioning* *this is currently a topic in discussion at the RC/CBD Leads level and a guide is forth coming. It’s clear the current direction is a ‘next stage’ approach so when the standards of a discipline are updated, the most recent version of standards as provided by the Royal College is applied upon the resident moving to the next stage of training. We are exploring at how best to archive EPA versions/assessment data in MedSIS while maintaining easy access.
- Electronic Platforms – we’re very fortunate to have MedSIS and the MedSIS team. We have responded with several system enhancements to assist with efficiencies in assessment, data integrity, and user-experience.